This tutorial will show you how to set up Wi-Fi push notification contact closure input board to work with N-Button Pro.
- Plug in power and make sure the Wi-Fi push notification board is on the same network as your computer with N-Button installed. You need to configure the Wi-Fi module to connect to your wireless network. Get details about this configuration in Push Push_Notification_Quick_Start_Guide.
- Download, install and run the latest N-Button Pro software to show N-Button Pro Manager panel.
- Click Device Manager –> New to add Wi-Fi push notification board.
- Input Name – Wi-Fi Push Notification
- Select Manufacturer – National Control Devices
- Select Board Type – Push Notification
- Select Network
- IP Address / Mac Address – Double-click the Discovered Network Device item, IP Address, and Mac Address will be entered automatically.
Note: It should be shown on the Discovered Network Devices list automatically if you have Wi-Fi push notification board connected to the same network with your computer. If not, try to set up Windows Firewall to allow N-Button to communicate on your network.
- Keep the default for TCP Port – 2101 and UDP Port -3333.
- Be sure to check Wi-Fi option.
- TCP Connection – Uncheck it to allow the Wi-Fi push notification board to work with more than one computer. Check it to allow the board to work with ONE computer only.
- Click OK on N-Button Pro Manager panel.
- Click Scan Channel to open Properties – Scan Channel.
- Input Name or keep the default
- Select Device – USB Push Notification Board
- Keep Bank ID – 1
- Select Channel ID – 1
- Select Style, Location and Size or keep the default.
- Click OK on N-Button Pro Manager panel. You will see the Scan Channel is added to Widget panel.
- Click OK on N-Button Pro Manager panel. You will see the Scan Channel widget showing on your desktop with Red color.
- Press the push button of push notification board, you will see the Scan Channel widget on your desktop turns to Green. Release the button, the widget turns to red again.
That means Wi-Fi push notification board works with N-Button Pro software. The push notification controller can control a relay board, send text message, email or trigger more actions with N-Button automation rules.
Here is the video for how to set up Wi-Fi Push Notification Board with N-Button.